Philosophy & Psychology
This collection provides materials concerning philosophy, the paranormal,
and psychology. This small collection's greatest emphasis is on the paranormal,
with numerous aspects represented. The philosophy and psychology collections
provide briefer, general sources in the field, with both having a heavy
emphasis on Western thought.
- R 100 Philosophy and Psychology. A small collection of overview
sources on philosophy is maintained. The psychology collection requires
future development to provide a more comprehensive survey of the field.
- R 110 Metaphysics. Not developed.
- R 120 Epistemology, causation, humankind. This collection is
minimally developed in the area of humankind.
- R 130 Paranormal phenomena. The largest of the R 100s collection,
a representation of diverse areas of the paranormal is developed and
- R 140 Specific philosophical schools. Not developed.
- R 150 Psychology. This area is developed and maintained, though
an extensive overview is not collected.
- R 160 Logic. Not developed.
- R 170 Ethics (moral philosophy). This collection is minimally
developed, retaining a small bio-ethics emphasis.
- R 180 Ancient, medieval, Oriental philosophy. This collection
is minimally developed, but some overview sources of Eastern thought
- R 190 Modern Western philosophy. This small collection of overview
sources is minimally developed.
Purchases and buying patterns are determined in large part by:
- electronic/Internet sources availability.
- new works.
- budget constraints.
- present and potential relevance to the community.
- shelf space.
- Existing paranormal sources are weeded as new titles are added.