Philosophy & Psychology
This collection provides basic information on paranormal phenomena,
psychology, and ethics.
This collection seeks to offer only introductory information for
lower reading levels. Since most areas are totally out of scope
for development, they are not included in this collection because
they do not present information at lower comprehension and reading
levels. For the preschool through sixth grade reader, the aim is
- interesting and unbiased information.
- a diverse representation of titles at beginning reading level
for adults to share with children.
- specific concepts, not the overall approach that can be found
at higher reader levels.
Purchases and buying patterns are determined in large part by:
- reading level.
- new works.
- budget constraints.
- circulation statistics.
- patron requests.
- shelf space.
- visual appeal.
- Titles in this collection are generally very basic and do not
date as quickly as more in-depth materials.
- Titles with child appeal that continue to be used are considered
- Physically worn materials are replaced or updated.
- Books are withdrawn due to damage, loss, general interest level
as evidenced by circulation figures, or content relevancy and