Biography - Easy/Junior
Revised August 2012
This collection consists of materials about people from all walks
of life and from the earliest times to the present. Some people
of interest to young children are United States historical figures,
presidents, generals, Indian chiefs, American inventors, renowned
citizens, and sports figures.
The collection strives to meet the needs of outside reading for
school assignments such as book reports. The primary goal of this
collection is to provide accurate and interesting information about
a wide variety of people. In order to meet this goal, the Library:
- strives to present a broad range of subject interests at varying
- evaluates patron requests either through reviews, or knowledge
and popularity of the author or title. Patron requests are given
serious consideration and added to the collection as warranted
and as budget allows.
- purchases new works to reflect patron demand and to maintain
a well-balanced collection.
- takes into consideration the availability of electronic resources.
Purchases and buying patterns are determined in large part by:
- reading level.
- new works.
- budget constraints.
- circulation statistics.
- patron requests.
- shelf space.
- Books are kept as long as they are in readable condition and
continue to circulate.
- Titles are replaced and supplemented as needed based on demand.
- Books are withdrawn due to damage and loss.