Fiction - Young
Revised August 2012
This collection provides leisure reading materials for junior high
age patrons, offers teachers resources for classroom use, and offers
a selection of materials that meet book report assignment needs.
Students of children's literature can find a representation of core
young adult literature. Senior high school patrons, in general,
are reading in the Adult Fiction collection.
For this collection to serve the young adults of the community,
it must provide:
- a wide range of reading levels, from fourth grade to adult.
- a representation of the following genres: Westerns, Science
Fiction, Romance, Mystery, as well as award-winning titles.
- a balanced collection of current popular titles and core materials.
- patron requests are given serious consideration.
- available space determines further collection development.
- Soaring Eagle Award books, sponsored by the Wyoming Library
Association and the Wyoming State Reading Council.
- availability of a fully developed collection at the main library.
- Books in poor condition are weeded.
- Titles in a series are retained.
- Books with low circulation are weeded.