Revised August 2012
The purpose of the magazine collection is to meet the recreational
needs of the community along with providing some research benefit.
Magazines have a current timeliness regarding current events and
world affairs. These items are also used as reference tools. At the time of this revision, the Wyoming State Library provides access to electronic magazines for all state card holders with simultaneous seating.
In order that the magazines be useful to patrons, the Library will:
- provide a broad range of subject areas in the collection.
- provide standard indexing tools (online only).
- evaluate the collection titles as to degree of use.
- evaluate suggested new titles, adding them to the collection
as warranted and as funds are available.
- collect primarily in English, though Spanish titles may be added as changes in our population warrant.
Purchases and buying patterns are determined in large part by:
- budget constraints.
- circulation statistics.
- patron requests.
- present and potential relevance to the community.
- shelf space.
- availability of new titles.
- Periodicals are retained and collected for one year plus the
- Every January, weeding and discarding of this collection is
- No attempt is made to replace lost or damaged magazines.