Section XVI - Wright Branch Library
Magazines - Young Adult
Revised May 2007
This collection is developed to provide leisure reading material of special
interest to young adults. The collection focus is on current popular magazines.
The need for research materials is met by the adult magazine collection and online databases.
In order that the magazines be useful to young adult patrons, the Library
- regularly evaluate the collection titles as to degree of use.
- evaluate suggested new titles, adding them to the collection as warranted
and as funds are available.
- provide current information on a variety of young adult interests.
- collect primarily in English, though Spanish titles may be added as changes in our population warrant.
Purchases and buying patterns are determined in large part by:
- patron requests.
- circulation statistics.
- diverse topics of young adult interest.
- shelf space.
- budget constraints.
- availability of new titles.
- Only the current and previous years of magazines are kept each year.
- No attempt is made to replace lost or damaged magazines.
- Usage is continually evaluated and titles not used are weeded so that
newer, more popular magazines can be purchased.