The main interest young adults have in this area is in sign language,
dictionaries, and some history of dead languages.
This area is minimally developed since it depends on the more comprehensive
coverage of the Adult nonfiction collection.
Though young adult interest in language is limited, purchases and buying
patterns are determined in large part by:
- limited availability of material for young adults meeting the criteria
of visual appeal and appropriate vocabulary.
- electronic/Internet sources availability.
- new works.
- budget constraints.
- circulation statistics.
- patron requests.
- present and potential relevance to young adult patrons.
- shelf space.
- This area needs weeding every five to ten years.
- Titles should be watched for wear, and replacement should be considered
only if newer editions on the topic are available.