Wireless Interent / Wi-Fi
Which Libraries offer Wireless Access?
- In Campbell County both the Gillette and Wright libraries offer wireless access.
Can the library help me configure my computer?
- Due to the variety of computer systems, Library staff cannot assist in setting up portable computers or other wireless devices to work with the wireless network. You are responsible for knowing how to configure your own equipment.
- If you need additional assistance, you may need to contact the hardware or software manufacturer.
- No guarantee can be made that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The Library cannot be responsible for any changes you make to your computer's settings.
Limitations and Disclaimers:
The library provides and maintains this wireless network as a public service. You are responsible for knowing how to configure your own equipment. Library staff cannot assist in setting up portable computers or other wireless devices to work with the wireless network. No guarantee is made that you will be able to make a wireless connection. We have tried to make wireless access as available as possible in our libraries, but you may encounter some "dead" spots in the library where wireless reception may be limited. If you have trouble accessing the Internet or staying online please move to a different location within the library.
Access to the wireless network is on a first-come first-served basis. During high-use periods, access may be slow or unavailable.
The wireless Internet access we offer is filtered. By choosing to use this free service, you agree to abide by our Internet Responsible Use Policy.
The Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent to and from your notebook/laptop computer or other wireless device may be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for notebook/laptop computer or other wireless device configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Library’s wireless network.